Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike

Default Expanding Mandrels

I'm looking for opinions and options. for expanding mandrels.
I've seen some cheap sets on ebay that have set screw in one end to
expand the mandrel. I've also seen the sliding taper version which
could be mounted between centers if needed.

Trying to keep to a small budget, but will spend enought o get the right
tools that I need. Tired of using threaded rods nuts and bolts.

Plus and the parts I need to make don't have any tight tolerances except
of the center shaft hole.

I want to hold stainless steel, aluminum and plastic (PVC, UHMW PE ,
Delrin) Inside ID 1/2" and 1".

Making parts for packaging machinery. Part would be no bigger than 4"
od and 2" wide.

Please point me in the right direction

Thanks
Mike Miller