Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Strickland

Default Pressure tank installation

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:02:20 GMT, mchoghead wrote:

A recent house fire on an acreage has forced the need to hook apressure tank directly to the submersible pump to supply outsidewater. I have purchased a new bladderless tank and have a 220 sourceto power the pump. I am looking for some guidance or some source ofinformation (diagrams, instructions, etc.), and an idea where toobtain this info. Have checked into having a plumber do this and theestimates I received were pretty high. If all else fails- I guessI'll go that route.

Put a T onto the pipe coming from the pump and put the pressure tank on one
side of the T and your spigot on the other. This will provide you with water,
while not forcing the pump to run every time you turn on the spigot. I have
something similar to this as a permanent setup for my house. The pressure
tank is in the wellhouse, which is also a small storage shed about 80 ft from
the house, along with the whole house filter.

My setup is with the pump and line to the house across the top of the T and
the pressure tank comes off the bottom of the T - a little ASCII art may help
(best viewed with a fixed size font).

pump--------------------house (spigot in your case)

pressure tank

Later, Mike
(substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)

Please send all email as text - HTML is too hard to decipher as text.