Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default is it possible? 1600W step-down transformer so tiny!

James Kelly wrote:
Hi,

I've recently moved to London in the UK and brought along my trusty cooker.
It states that it requires 120V @60/1235 watts. After some research on the
net it was apparant that transformers that provide 1000W are at least the
size of a shoebox and around $70-100. However, I later came across a
transformer sold by jWin which rates upto 1600W and is as small as an
average 100w transformer and costs about $10. You can see it here -
http://tinyurl.com/hra3r I called the shop selling them and they confirmed
the specs.... am I wasting my time? You get what you pay for right? Any help
would be much appreciated.

James

It doesn't change the voltage, just the connector. ie to the US style
plug.