Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JimC

Default Powered Respirator

Dear Alan,

I have a large full beard, wear glasses and I find that the Trend fits
me fine. I did not mean to trash your idea of the use of an
inexpensive fabric mask worn by welders. I assume that such a mask
would be best suited to filtering out heavier particulates such as
might be given off during grinding beads but I question that if you are
wearing the mask to filter out carbon particulates from a carburized
flame that you would be getting as safe fitration of the multiple
filter positive pressure air filters. My main concern is that people
will wake up while they still have healthy lungs to the fact that by
spending a few dollars may well protect their health. I would hope that
others might realize that the damage that I have done by wearing
nothing at all to protect and keep my air clean over the thirty or so
years that I have been an avid woodworker as an example. At the very
least wearing the inexpensive dust masks are far superior to wearing
nothing at all. Just find some mode tro protect your lungs and use it
religiously. JimC