Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Default Driveway

Phil L wrote:

It's done in granite chips because of the costs of doing it in other
materials.

Probably about right, just dump gravel at about £20 a ton.

I install block paving or paving slabbed drives and the cost is
approximately £40 per sq metre, you have 400 of these making it
£16,000, and that's for bog standard materials (plain grey flags or
brindle block paving)

Properly laid gravel on a 100mm sub base is around £27 per square metre, so
by comparison around £10,000.

Tarmac may be your best bet but expect to pay about 9 grand if you
want it doing properly.

Paving expert reckons £35 sq/m for tarmac, so thats more like £14K

As it happens Sir, I have some tarmac left over from a job just around the
corner, I can do you a good price begorrah!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman