Posted to uk.d-i-y
ronnie

Default Driveway

Am just about to move to a new house. The driveway is 4 metres wide and
aprox 100 metres long. It slopes up to the house and is covered in
granite chips. The problem is the rutting caused by vehicles driving up
the slope to the house. This starts off as a small indentation then
builds quickly to 'ditch'. I need a surface that will not move under
load. The obvious solution is monoblock but this is not in sympathy
with the building. I was thinking of tarmac or concrete. Any other
thoughts?. Will I run into problems with Scottish Water with the rain
runoff. Any advice???