Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

Default Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:23:08 +0100, Tim
wrote:

I have this item in my central heating system and want to confirm what
it does. is it a de-aerator?

It is a de-aerator for a vented home central heating system..

I had an identical one. There were others.

Does anybody recognise the manufacturer

It was bought unboxed from a builders merchant. Maybe 25 years ago.The
manufacturer was not indicated.

and which is the inlet/outlet
port, upper or lower.

I'd guess in at the top, out at the bottom so that the flow from the
inlet doesn't sweep the bubbles up and around the outlet such that
some go with the flow. Probably doesn't make a lot of difference
unless air is continually entering the system which cannot be
tolerated anyway.

They seem to have been de-emphasised now with the advance of sealed
systems and a better understanding of pumping -over.

DG