Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:23:08 +0100, Tim
wrote:

I have this item in my central heating system and want to confirm what
it does. is it a de-aerator?

Does anybody recognise the manufacturer and which is the inlet/outlet
port, upper or lower.

http://www.tecno.demon.co.uk/_photo/plumbing_item.jpg

Yes that's exactly what it is.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer of this one is, but the concept is
the same as the Myson Aerjec. Look at www.bes.ltd.uk part number
11334

On yours, the feed expansion pipe would connect at the left (15mm
pipe) and the vent goes where you have marked it.

The purpose is to get the FE and vent pipes close together; then the
other 22mm pipes are on the main circuit. The water swirls in the
cylindrical pot and even fairly fine air bubbles will tend to rise up
and out at the vent.

--

..andy