GTO69RA4

Default Ridgid

I'm surprised no one else here know's the real story.

The cordless and some of the corded Ridgid portable tools are made by Ryobi.
The most expensive corded tools are actually German Metabos. High quality, high
price jobs. I believe that the spade handle drill is a DeWalt product.

Emerson Electric made Sears stationary tools until a few years ago. Emerson,
Ridgid (the pipefitting tool company), and Home Depot all got in bed together
to use Ridgid-branded, Emerson-made tools as HD's store brand. Bascially
they're Sears or generic Asian designs. Not bad quality, but nothing to get
excited about.

From what I've heard now, Emerson and HD have had a falling out. I think the
stationary tools are going to be phased out.

GTO(John)

Home Depot has rolled out a ton of Ridgid brand hand tools. What's
the word on the quality? Also, who is OEMing all this stuff. Is it
Black and Decker?