Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Extending audio / video feeds ..?

In article
T i m wrote:
Hi All,

If one wanted to extend (say) the composite video and l/r audio
signals from (say) a DVD player to a screen in another area (about 7m
as the cable runs .. and assuming one doesn't need planning
permission or Part P Annex A ("Re-wiring audio equipment in yer own
home")) what would be the best cable to use for the least losses /
issues please?

I believe the video needs a ~75 ohm co-ax and I'm also aware some of
the 'better' cables can get quite big but this cable needs to
terminate in a basic phono connector? It will probably be 'lost' in
the floorspace / trunking down an internal wall ..

Would the L/R audio leads *ideally* need to be individually screened
(to prevent xtalk) and if so do they do a 'Figure-of-eight' cable
(video+2 x audio) that would give decent specs and still keep the
audio cables separate (assuming that matters etc)?

Might be worth trying something like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=9706032054
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=9705976575
to see if it's good enough.