Posted to uk.d-i-y
Darren

Default Soakaway advice for front drive

Don't do it.
The volume of water landing on a 33m2 area over the year is huge - yes it
lands there now but it soaks away natuarally as it lands, you will be
concentrating it into a small area.

How far away is the nearest drain? - I did one like this about six months
ago and had to dig a 40ft trench, it only took a day and aout ?150 of
materials.(all plastic, naturally!)

Nearest drain is around 40 feet away, around the corner of my building
and down the shared entry, which is also solid concrete.

Can you put in a retaining wall about 2 foot high, near to the house and
have the drive flowing away from the building?

Thats an interesting idea and something that may well work.

How much brickwork is showing underneath your dampcourse as it stands now? -
if there are a few steps up into the house it may be possible to have it
running towards the road without a retaining wall.

2 bricks.