Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default plinth for bath

david thorpe wrote:
Looking for a some advice, please. I'm fitting a stand alone bath and
want to place it on a plinth which I propose to make in wood and then
tile.
I'll do it crudely, ie with screws and brackets!
I've put a pic and the sizes at
http://www.dthorpe.net/viewing/
Any advice on wood, dimenions of wood, covering for the top to fit the
tiles (ply?) gratefully received.

Well, hard to suggest dimensions of timber when you don't indicate how
tall you want your plinth (or what purpose the plinth serves - just
raising the height of the bath? Concealing pipework?)

In principle, if you want a ~4" high plinth, I'd lay lengths of 4"x2"
timber on their sides, at right angles to the direction of the floor
joists underneath, if any; and cover the top and sides using 0.75" WBP
plywood. Ensure that the new 4"x2" timbers lie directly beneath the
feet of the bath.

David