RichardS

Default 18v circular saws - any good?

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
"Sean Delere" wrote in message

snip

I would use a jig saw for laminate.

I wouldnt, very very slow wiggly lines are not whats called for. Mains
circular saw surely.

Depends upon your jigsaw! :-) Mine sailed through it with pretty good
accuracy, used (as always) with the pendulum switched off. But then it's an
industrial model...

However, the straightness of cut isn't critical., you've got to be able to
keep within about 5mm of the line, because everywere you need to cut
laminate it's going to be against a wall or some other place where it's
covered by the skirting, a decor strip, or some beading.

I find the jigsaw much quicker to use (as a tool, not the cutting action)
because it doesn't need straight guides and other stuff that I use with the
circular.

If you have a complete shed full to do

circular.

Rechargeable circs are not like the mains ones. Theyre for when mains
isnt available or practical, and have poor work capacity.

I'm with you 100% there. Having a bit of grunt to the motor really helps
with a saw.

Regards, NT

--
Richard Sampson