Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Finishing Basement: Fastening Exterior Walls to Floor

My basement was finished 9 years ago with a gap and have had no problems.
But it also has a functioning french drain system inside and out. It is
heated and air conditioned.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks all.

I have the green charges right now. If they don't work for me I'll be
picking up the yellows which I think have a little more kick to 'em.

Yes I'm definitely insulating and planned on a vapor barrier on the
warm side.

So I have a suggestion for a gap and one for using spray-on closed
foam. I like the gap idea as opposed to the closed foam since it
doesn't add cost. Is there a big advantage to using the foam over a
gap?

Thanks again ALL!

Kevin