Posted to rec.woodworking
Sergey Kubushin

Default HARBOR FREIGHT SLOT JOINTER

Mel Graham wrote:

BTW, their tool grinder is fine. It differs from its brandname brother
(Baldor? something like this, I might've misspelled it) only in paint color
and a label, everything else is exactly the same. Very well built, no
vibration at all, very good tool for $120 vs $500+ for the branded one.

IMHO Harbor Frieght is only good for;

1. They do from time to time have soe reasonable remanufactured tools
or machinery at a decent price.

2. In a pinch, when you have to get he job done and locating the tool
you need can only be found there..

3. Items such as tape, wire ties and stuff like that...

But the experience i have had over the years of HF tools has been
mainly poor. I have drill bit sets that have held up for a good
amount of time.. certain kinds of clamps as well.

I also bought that HF biscut cutter for ~20$ too. And like someone
above mentioned, I mainly got it to test wether or not a biscut
cutter was going to actually be somthing I would get much use out of,
or improve my woodworking projects at hand. It was made almost
entirely out of plastic parts, the spring action was crap, nearly
makig it hard enough to apply enough pressure not to break the thing.
(wich it ended up doing)

If you have to even question if a HF tool is durable, or made well...
dont buy it.

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA Miracles require 24-hour notice. *