Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery

Default Need help with choosing right central air conditioning

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the reply. The wiring that I am concerned about is pulling
the new high voltage line from the panel (circuit breaker) to the
outside unit. If I understand you correctly, I think this is the
equivalent to your statement about your state issuing a license to
install the electrical part of the HVAC unit. This is what I am
concerned about and was willing someone come shed some light and calm
my fears.

More thoughts?

Putting in a high voltage wire should not be any problem. All that is
required is to install a new breaker at the main box or maybe a new box will
have to be installed for the aditional current. It is a very simple
electrical job. The actual pulling the wires and mounting the disconnect
boxes will take the time. Any place installing the system should have
someone working for them that is qualified/licensed to do the elecrtrical
wiring. If they do not have anyone that works for them to do the electrical
work, I would look for another company.