Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Riding Mower Gear/Break Problem

I have a 15.5 HP Sears Lawnmower that is about 6 years old. When I
crank up the mower, it starts out find and begins to idle. Then, when I
engage the gears, the mower doesn't move. I pushed the gear lever back
and forth, and it doesn't work. The lawnmower doesn't move. Also, I got
someone to push the lawnmower as the engine was running from the back,
and I pushed down on the clutch/brake, and the brake doesn;t work
either. I checked the drive belt under the mower and its fine. Whats
wrong?