Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default On oils and waxes

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 03:09:28 GMT, "Ken Moon"
wrote:

Thanks Mac,
That sounds like the way I used to sand lacquer on cars. Water sanding
down
to 1000 or so seemed to make the surface better for the final coat. That
wet
down that you do between grits would take care of the slurry that
concerned
me. I'll have to try that.

Ken

Exactly, ken.. me too.. lol

Before I started turning pens this month, I thought I'd seen the last of
any
grit higher than 800... some of these folks sand pens to 2,500.. sheesh!

I bought a pen sandpaper assortment online and am running out of 800 &
1,000grits.... they're the 2 LOWEST it came with..
Mac

Mac,
Most auto parts places that carry body repair supplies will carry high grit
wet/dry papers, but most are black. If you're doing light colored woods,
they may not be your best bet.

Ken