DoN. Nichols

Default I want to start cutting sheet aluminum...

In article ,
Phil Mitchell wrote:
Thank you to everyone that responded. The advice so far is that a 4TPI to
6TPI with stick wax or citrus cleaner for a lubricant is the way to go.

Not for the 1/4" plate -- you want about a 12 TPI for that.
Remember the "at least three teeth in the cut" rule, and with 1/4" you
don't have much length.

I will be cutting some contours in motor mounts for some old racing
hydroplanes. Most of the plate will be .250" to .375". I know on the new
boat we are doing that it will be .500".

Contours will want a narrower blade -- which means more frequent
failure. Depending on the radius of the contour you may be able to get
away with 1/2" blades or need to go down to 1/4" blades.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564