Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Default Detachable Welder Leads

I redid mine a couple years back. Head for your welding supply place.
You can get jacks in both red and black as well as matching plugs. Jack
were about $8 ea, plug ends a bit less. I got the Lincoln style plugs,
the Tweco twist lock were more money.

Good time to change out your cables. I find that the cables are a bit
short and that stinger cable is usually longer than the ground. Switch
the stinger cable to be your new ground cable, get a new and longer
cable for the stinger. I find that a 15' ground cable and a 25' stinger
cable works for me. Long enough to be useful, short enough to keep the
losses down.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have a Lincoln 225 AC/DC arc welder that I would like to make
detachable leads for. Currently the leads currently used are
permanently attached to the welder. Has anyone done this before and if
so, how did you do it? I would like to attach some type of socket
connector to the welder so one could plug/unplug the leads. I am also
looking at making some extention leads for the welder so I would want
similar in-line connectors used to be available to make the extenstion
set.

Any suggestions, leads or (hint, hint) links to pictures would be
great.

Thanks

TMT