Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Safely testing 22 kV capacitors

On 1 Apr 2006 15:55:49 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:40:29 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

Why not keep them and start trying to shink coins?
http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinkergallery.html

I was thinking of that, actually. Iggy, what would you need for some of
these?

This site has been recently edited to take out most of the technical
details. I suspect it was a bit too dangerous for the average user.

Well of course it is! That's what makes it fun... And as I recall
he had huge warning signs plastered all over the site, too. And
triggered the shrink blast from outside the garage while standing
behind a healthy barricade like a truck.

That's why I tell all my customers the old saw that is SO true:
"I'm a trained professional - If you see me running, try to keep up."

The Wayback Machine (www.archive.org) will have the old version of the
site, of course.

But usually minus all the pictures.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545