Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Nickle Chrome prep

In article ,
says...
They are probably cadmium plated.

Why would you assume that? It's pretty easy to see the difference
between chrome and cadmium plate, and unless this cooler is very old
there's very little chance the racks are cad plated.

If this is just a few small shelves, I'd be inclined to make new ones
from SS rod and wire. A proper spot welder would be nice, but for a
reasonable number of shelves TIGing the joints wouldn't take long. I've
got some 1/8" wire set aside to make a new cooking grill for our fire
pit, and the lack of a real mud season here in NE this year means I need
to get on it soon.

Ned Simmons