Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan

Default Drilling into old VERY hard concrete - or give up and use "no nails"?

Wow - so many replies, I was expecting maybe one. OK, to deal with each in
turn, firstly...thanks to all!

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Jonathan
writes

Do I: Drive all the way to B&Q and see if there is some super drill bit
for
ridiculously tough concrete (is there?)

However with the Makita SDS it was so easy I just couldn't believe it
and really it was a pleasure doing hole drilling after that!....

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
ups.com...

Where exactly is the concrete?

In the dividing wall between two rooms - a pipe finder didn't beep, so I'm
assuming that means no reinforcing there.
Or did you mean where as in "SW1"?!?

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

Cheaper to buy a step ladder and place it on that,no need to drill wall

Done that!

"Owain" wrote in message

Or get those spectacles with a prism in, intended for watching telly in
bed.

Tried that too!

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message

and whether or not you bought it from "Aldi".

I know, they're pretty good for power tools - I bought a load a few months
ago. I see you had success with an SDS drill from Aldi too:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....ec2617ec3e133?
I'll have to keep an eye open for their next special on that!

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

Are you sure you are not drilling rebar?

Definitely not!