Spehro Pefhany

Default OT- Cross Pens moves prduction to China

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:15:09 GMT, the renowned "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

That's why one buys a Cross. My ballpoint is over 20 years old and my Cross
fountain pen is older than that. All they need is a new one every five or
ten years. g

Lately, I've managed to lose one per year on the average. 8-( Thanks
for the suggestion (and the link), Kevin, I'll give it a shot. Even if
they charge a bit for a non-warranty repair it'll probably be worth
it.

As far as Brian's comment that they don't write better than a Bic, I
don't agree, the refills do write better, they don't blob and smear as
badly and the smooth wide trace from the Medium Blue (not the black
that comes with them) just seems to help with creative thinking on
squared paper. But you can get other pens that take Cross refills, I
have one that's made from some exotic hardwood. But it's not $75 US
better writing, more like $3 better. ;-) The rest is for look and
feel and a piece of nicely designed jewellery.

Perhaps their brand is strong enough it doesn't matter where they are
made, but to me it reduces their value to have them made offshore.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany