Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

Default Need help with choosing right central air conditioning

wrote in message
oups.com...
In MOST cases that I know of sears doesnt pay its

installers...usually
independent contractors ....very much money......they usually

get guys
just getting started with their own business or people who cant

get
work otherwise.

Get estimates from a variety of dealers...use recomendations

from
family, friends, co workers.etc...

Check around for heating companies that do financing and check

with
your utility company to find out if they will do

financing......

lets see......
The company I work for does subcontracting for sears. We are not
fledgling nor do they pay alot of money. Also we are responsible
for the first years labor on warranty calls so we don't do shoddy
work. The only jobs that have any problem are because the
salesman didn't know what he was looking at. We take the sears
work to keep guys off unemployment in the slow months. Much of
the Kenmore equipment is Heil altho they do also sell Carrier.
Many of the people that contract with sears for thier HVAC needs
are doing it because of the "no interest, no payments for 12
months" and most of them are just replacing units, no ductwork.
Often the ductwork is not adequate for the units being installed
but we are not allowed to approach the customer with this
information. Just report it back to sears.
Personally I wouldn't go with sears but then I know better. Get a
couple other estimates. And when you get them, don't just look at
the seer, check the eer too. 12 or better is high efficiency.