Posted to alt.home.repair
casey

Default tile of fiberglass tub surround?

We recently bought a fiberglass tub to install in our bathroom. We
planned on tiling the walls around the tub, but recently discovered
that the tub we bought was meant to be used with a tub surround (The
edge is not flat against the wall, but sticks out a bit where the
surround would connect). Is it possible to use that tub and still tile
the walls? How could we work around the top edge of the tub? The tub
we bought is the sterling ensemble. Would it just be better to go with
the tub surround?Thanks.