Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil

Default External Speaker

Hello
My brother has an older TV set , the unit is Cable ready but no line level
audio output , he uses the TV without a cable box or VCR , no easy way to
hook up an external speaker , could simply run a wire out of his set to
another speaker , some speakers are wired with one lug HOT , hate to have
115 v. running all over the house , he would like to be able to have
headphones for private listening also , I looked at isolation trans. ,
resistors etc. , I guess he could use a VCR for tuner also , any thoughts
would be appreciated .
Phil L.