Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default This groups will surely know

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:25:58 -0500, Bob Chilcoat
wrote:
They go into that black hole just to the right of where you're working.
After slipping into the wormhole, they reappear three days later at the
same
place but at a different time. This phenomenon can be used to help
preserve
fine and essential tools. They end up with much less wear because, having
slipped down the wormhole, they're not as old as the other stuff on the
bench.

Any hints on how to have this technique work on demand, rather than at
the worst possible time?

It's a Law of Natu The probability of a tool going missing is
directly proportional to your need of it and/or the proximity in time of
your laying it down.

BTW: Everybody quit blaming poor Murphy. He didn't invent Murphy's Law,
he just formally described it.

Yes, gnomes, elves, gnurrs,* etc. do exist. I have several living in my
shop. I usually see them at the very extreme corners of my vision as
they're carrying things away.

*The gnurrs come from the woodwork out.