Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default OT, electric & gas meters outside

Broadback wrote:
Several years ago I had the gas and electric meters moved to outside the
house. The meter readers still come and call for access to the meters,
if not in they leave a note for me to send the reading. I seem unable
to correct this, I have even sent the postcard back with no reading and
a "come and read it yourself" note. the meter reader has a note on his
hand held terminal saying the meters are internal. How can I get them to
update their data base?

Phone them up.

I did this when I queried my bill..got the meter position changed on the
database, and a 400 quid refund on the button.

(during rebuild they overcharged, I went back to low monthlys, got in
arrears, they upped the SO and then 4 years later I was alarmingly in
credit. So finally adjusted the SO to be about what we are now actually
using, and got the refund)