Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
ELAL

Default is it possible? 1600W step-down transformer so tiny!

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 02:17:30 +0100, "Dave D" wrote:

Greg Neill wrote:
I've never seen any sort of portable cooker that had a ground connection
anyway, mine has a standard 2 prong cord.

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet you are in North America, *not* the
UK, which is where the OP is based. Earthed metal bodied kitchen
appliances like bench top cookers are commonplace here.

That's only because there's still no one to pick up the challenge of
designing a heater-based appliance to withstand a 4.24kV(p) (@ both
prongs) insulation test (which is required for non grounded appliances
sold in the EU).
;-)

Different country, continent for that matter- different regulations
to conform to.

I can't believe that there are still end-users AND designers out there,
who are willing to find that out, the hard way :-P