Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Regarding compact flourescent (CF) bulbs...

I think the poster meant flicker when he wrote vibrate. LOA are junk,
I have given up on them. I had a quick failure with one GE CFL used
in an enclosed kitchen ceiling light, too much heat build-up I guess.
Another lamp has lasted a couple of years. I think the ventilation of
the ballast is crucial to the life, but the name brands like GE,
Westinghouse, Phillips seem to last the longest.. With the Walmart
cheapies, go back to the service desk with receipts and the original
packaging if you can find it. I like the idea of felt-tip pen marking
installation dates to see actual life and not relying on memory.

H. R. Hofmann