Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson

Default Part P self cert "course" for electrical work - worth it ?

"Fred" wrote in message

"Nick" wrote in message
As above - I sometimes could do with being able to do the odd job that I
used to be allowed to do, but now have to call an Electrician in for -
most are "trivial" and I was wondering what the cost of a "course" and
getting the certificate is, how much "red tape" there is, any ongoing
costs to keep it and whether it's all worthwhile, or should I just add
the cost of the electrician on top of the rest of the job's cost / turn
down the job.... ?

Can anyone tell me please ?

Thanks,

Nick

The problem is not so much the course but becoming a member of an
accredited organisation.

No problem, if you are competent, have the appropriate qualifications and
experience, insurace backed warranty in place.