Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III

Default Refinancing or Home Equity--What is the better choice?

In article . com,
"Jan" wrote:

Can someone please explain me what would be the better choice
refinancing or home equity lona in getting money from my current home?
What are the tax advantages or disadvantages of these methods. What
would be the cheapest way to go with?

It would take some numbers to start ballparking that question.
For example, the H/E loan is normally more expensive over time,
but cheap to get, while the refi is cheaper over time, but
expensive to get. If the H/E loan is small or for a short
term, it makes sense, but if you want a lot of money or plan
to keep the loan for more than a few years, the refi likely
makes more sense.

In general, the best answer is do neither. You should never
put your family home at risk. After all, that is your shelter,
something that is essential for life.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications