Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Regarding compact flourescent (CF) bulbs...

Its now illegal in Calif to throw them out too....plus they do vibrate
so don't use them if your vision changes, as mine did. Two reasons not
to buy into their scam of so called energy savings.....

They vibrate? I can't say I've ever run into that...

I have CFLs in nearly every light in my house, I love them and they made
a noticeable reduction in my power bill. I've had some early failures
but others have lasted plenty long and most were cheap. You can't throw
them out but it doesn't cost anything to recycle them, we have places
that accept them for free so I just collect them in a box and take them
there when I have a box full.