Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Tracing ring main in kitchen

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:51:58 +0100, "Aldrich"
wrote:

I may have to take the skirting off. What is the cleanest way of doing this?

Do you know how old the skirting is, how it is attached, and how old the
plaster around it is? Gradually, since moving in, I've removed all of
the 120 year old skirting in our place and I think it would have been
impossible to do without damaging a few cm's of the horse-hair plaster
above it (in truth I was never in a position where I needed to care
about the plaster too much), conversely there was a 2.5m run of new-ish
skirting and plaster that had received some damp treatment in the recent
past. The board was fixed to the plasterwork with some sort of adhesive
("No More Nails/Sticks Like ****" kind of stuff, I presume) and came of
very cleanly.

--
Chris Cowley