Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brent

Default American Woodmaster lathe

I've never heard of such a brand. My opinion, is that if your friend
bought it at a garage sale, and it's STILL boxed up (presuming the
original owner never opened the box), then noone ever thought too much
of it. Which probably means that it's an off-brand 'cheapie'. Noone
in their right mind would purposely pay good money for a good lathe,
and then never even take it out of the box.

But, I'm presuming too much. It might be OK - looking that the
physical quality of the lathe and specs would do better in evaluating
this thing.