Dave Liquorice

Default Back up generator auto switching

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:59:42 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:

Having "acquired a self start 20KVA 3 phase generator I was having
thoughts of running the bungalow mains off one phase in case of
power outage

Depending on how much load you put on that single phase the alternator
may start to object to being out of balance electrically. Remember
that that 20KVA is almost certainly across all three phases so each
one is probably only 6KVA...

Does anyone have links to how an auto start and switching
arrangement could be contructed? I assume I can isolate the boards
electric input on "our" side of the boards fuse and meter, and have
a switching arrangement to bring on the gennie. Needs careful
failsafe handling, any ideas? Thanks

Does this "aquired" gene come with any switch gear? It may already
have the required bits, though things that are "aquired" are generaly
old, (beyond commercial economic repair) and thus using said switch
gear might not be a good idea. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail