Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Wisnia

Default Safely testing 22 kV capacitors

Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:19:47 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
Gave us:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned yet that if you DO get a HV probe for your
meter it will serve as a resistor to discharge those caps.

If you were observant enough of the thread, you would find that even
the original poster mentioned the HV probe loading.

I guess my powers of observation are failing me Roy, but I always like
to check out where I missed something and try and figure out why it
escaped me.

Would you kindly point out where the OP revealed that he realized a HV
probe would serve as a safe discharging means, albeit a rather slow one?
(Before I mentioned it that is.)

Thanks,

Jeff

--