Posted to alt.math,sci.math,sci.electronics.design,rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Goncz

Default Omndiagonal Serialization and Monitor Design

wrote:
Hello, all.

Hell, J. Clarke, Tim, Keith, Joseph, DoN, Lew, Jasen, and James, in
particular.

Aw, hell, I meant, "Hello".

ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/Publications/1152x864B.gif

shows a slightly modified version of the redefinition in the referenced
post, but this seems to be a more correct timing calculation. Here is
the modeline and associated information:

Linux modeline parameters:
"1152x864" 60.268 1152 1152 1160 1160 864 864 865 866 +hsync +vsync

That's the best I can do with PowerStrip. What I need is, of course:

"1160x866" 60.268 1160 1160 1160 1160 866 866 866 866 +hsync +vsync

How frustrating.

I have written a Mathcad worksheet using what I call the "snarl
transform", which is 1-to-1, to load the R, G, and B planes with X, Y,
and Z data. It takes a minute to run, but it does what it is supposed
to. The display will be imperfect if I don't get the modeline above to
work under Windows 98.

I suppose I could live with an imperfect display, but for any real
potential to be had from this monitor design, I need an unblanked
display mode that simply streams pixels out at variable rates in a
frame with even edges but no other common factor between edges.

*sigh*

Is this a hardware or a software limitation?

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Falls Church, VA 22044-0394