Posted to uk.d-i-y
Blueyonder

Default Cleaning mica panels in a toaster

I've searched the 'net, and can't believe I can't find the answer to this
one. I'm sure this group can come up trumps.

I have a Dualit toaster, that is no longer toasting evenly. The elements are
covered with transparent panels, as clear as glass, but look like they could
be mica (the edges are slightly flaky). The mica panels are covered in
white, crusty spots (probably cheese and butter splashes).

So - what can I use to clean these deposits? The panels are very clear, and
I don't want to use anything that will abrade the surfaces. A dry toothbrush
alone does not get the deposits off, and I am a bit wary of using water or
soap.

Any suggestions?

-- JJ