Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Drill Drivers Again

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi All

Without entering the quality/longevity argument again, does the panel
think that a 'quality' make has performance advantages over a cheapie?

In other words, would a 12v Bosch/Makita/Hitachi perform as well or
better than say a £25 Argos/B&Q 14.4 volt jobby?

Obviously voltage isn't the only performance criteria, a two speed DD
with a gearbox must have higher torque than a single speed, but will
you get a performance advantage going for a 'quality' brand all other
things being equal?

The main difference IMHO is the quality of the cells used. Ie, the amount
of current they can deliver. And they are the major cost of the tool.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.