Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
buffalobill

Default Do I really need to remove my chimney?

just some thoughts:
who: not you,too heavy a job.
what does the chimney do?:is it supporting some of the structure? is
some of the structure supporting it? will it devalue your home? will
the next home buyer want it? will it make your home look odd compared
to other similar nearby homes?
whe the city ordinances or building code or building permit with
plans specifies the present chimney. such as "shall include a chimney
so as to..."
when: the home was built?
why: any historic significance?
how: with lots of money.
any possible options for ventilating the home's basement needed? radon
vent?