Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Vent Free Heater Trouble

skippy7024 wrote:
I have a 30,000 btu heater I just purchased. I am wanting to use this
for a small garage(500 square feet). I used a gas grille regulator to
hook it up, to see if it would work. It lights and runs for a couple
of minutes, then shuts off and kills the pilot. Do I have to have a
different style regulator for this? Do I have a problem with my unit?
Can I use a small tank, until I get a larger tank. I appreciate any
help I can get.

Personally I don't like the idea of an open flame in a garage were there
is gasoline. However I suspect your heater is sensing something. It may be
reduced OČ or CO increase or gasoline fumes may be triggering the sensor.
Check the owner's - installation manual.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit