Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick

Default Sony Handycam and Fuji digital cam went swimming...

Paul wrote:

Ok, it was a bad idea to take both my video cam and still (digital) cam
on that little boat. They both got dunked in the lake, and both still
work after they were literally hung on the clothesline to dry.

The problem: both video & still cam's still work but they now take
lousy pictures/video, low resolution, colors washed out. It seems to me
that if the "retnia" - whatever it's called - could be replaced they'd
be back to par, as the rest of both camera's seem to work perfectly.
Any idea's if this can be done cost-effectively?

Live & learn...

Probably not. The last time I inquired about replacement parts for a
Sony HandyCam that had a similar problem - water damaged CMOS sensor -
the cost for that part alone was over $250.00

Rick