Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Can I cross t-slot on saw table?

On 31 Mar 2006 13:21:00 GMT, Bruce Barnett
wrote:

Lobby Dosser writes:

You just had to look a little harder. It's

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16417

So how is this different or better than mitering the ends on (cheaper)
ordinary t-track?

er

It isn't. Unless you just don't want to mess with it. I was hoping for a
Single piece when I went to look at it. A one piece crossing might be
worth the money.

For $12.99 - it seems like a time-saver. I don't know if it's one
piece or not, but when you join T-slots, there is a chance of a bump
(2 cuts) that will catch. If you miter 4 pieces, you have to get 8
cuts to be flush, instead of 2. Yeah - you can fix this, but it just
takes more time.

It says "4-piece kit"...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis