Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default FA: dohikkies and thingamabobs

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:48:10 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:08:19 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ken
Grunke quickly quoth:

Then there's a wooden box with metal rods in it, a label in the box says
"end measures". What the...? Looks pretty old, like it came up from a
pirate ship off the bottom of the ocean or sumptin'.

Oh, them thar thangs is butt depth gauges from the Navy.

Oh crap. I thought they were centerpunches. Ah well, maybe someone
will outbid me. I've got plenty of those numbered C-clamps so I didn't
bid on that one, though.