Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Ignoramus27098

Default Safely testing 22 kV capacitors

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:59:46 GMT, Roy L Fuchs wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:51:35 -0600, "Mike Henry"
Gave us:

Are you sure that Fermilab is the actual seller? Based on what I know of
DOE labs, it's not very likely that they would be selling direct on Ebay or
even to the public at large.

snip

However, the seller would not likely be able to get away with using
the moniker either. I think it is legit, and I think they have
SEVERAL "liquidation expediters" in their employ. The prices of these
caps new means that whatever they can recover from the old change outs
is that little bit more toward the whole budget.

It is, doubtless, definitely Fermilab. I will go to him on tuesday
into Fermilab itself. I find it difficult to imagine a private
individual sellings his own things in this manner.