Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Condenser boiler

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:01:17 +0100 someone who may be "Doctor
Drivel" wrote this:-

A condensing boiler will always be more efficient
than a non-condensing boiler, even when not condensing, because the heat
exchanger is bigger.

I too have read that, almost word for word, in manufacturers'
brochures. However, the figures for boilers of similar design and
age show that the difference in efficiency between the two is a few
percentage points.

As I typed and you snipped, under such conditions a condensing
boiler "will behave much like a non-condensing boiler."

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh