Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default foundations - moving concrete etc

Truck as close as we could get it, a long chute and pour it in. Then
massive and exhausting work with rakes to get it to flow to the far
end...frankly barrowing it in would have probably been no harder.
If its your labour and its free, I'd definitely use blockwork as much as
possible.

One side will have to be mass concrete I think, since it's next to a
party wall and
I believe you usually overpour next doors by some. Also if I have to
dig deeper than
next door, I wouldn't want to be laying blocks in a trench like that
for long.
If pumping on a flexible hose, this could be directed better to the
ends of the trench
I guess. I think I'm stuck with trench fill !
Simon.