Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default foundations - moving concrete etc

wrote:
who measured it at 8m3? - are you mass filling the footings?

Yes, mass filling, This was suggested to me as easiest, since it
reduces a lot of
the brickwork.
The plans have been passed like this. Maybe I should change the
foundation
design ?
There must be quite a few people in this group who have built or had
built
extensions of my sort of size.
How were these done ?
Simon.

Truck as close as we could get it, a long chute and pour it in. Then
massive and exhausting work with rakes to get it to flow to the far
end...frankly barrowing it in would have probably been no harder.

If its your labour and its free, I'd definitely use blockwork as much as
possible.

Otherwise a good irishman can barrow 30 tons in a day. I have done about
4-5 of gravel..exghausting..